When we checked up on our campaign last night, we were at $3,005, or just over 60% of our goal. This morning, we woke up to see that the campaign had been fully funded. This is incredible! A close friend in Japan was responsible for funding the remaining 40%, which is something that I’m still absorbing.
I really want to thank each of you for all your support of this project! It wouldn’t have been possible to be at this point without you, and this is something that I truly can’t express enough gratitude for.
We have begun work on the professional editing (another first time experience for me), and it is going to be a very involving and time consuming (did I mention exciting!) experience. This is going to be my sole consuming purpose for the remainder of the year, as I am set on getting the best possible story to you in as timely of a fashion as I can.
However, we still have six days left before our campaign officially ends, so there is still a lot that can be done in this time. This gives us a cool opportunity to go a step further and reach people who prefer listening to audiobooks. When we recorded the Chapter 1 podcast, it was done using a webcam microphone, and some easy access freeware. When we record the audiobook for the stretch goal, we will use professional level microphones and software which will greatly enhance the experience. To this end, all additional contributions past our goal will go towards creating a professional-quality audiobook version of Pathways. If a lot more people begin backing the project, then we will think about creating some additional stretch goals, just to mention :-)
When we started up this project, we had a lot of doubt about whether or not we would be able to generate enough interest in the book, and we were doubting whether to even launch it or not. It’s one thing to sit down and (over a long period of time) write a book, but it’s another thing to have people actively interested in it. I really want to thank all the people who have been so encouraging and supportive, not only on an emotional level, but also in terms of reading and re-reading the book and providing a wealth of constructive comments and suggestions to make the story better. Knowing that people were enjoying the story, even in its infancy and rough stages, went a long way to helping me believe that I could write a good story that others would enjoy, and there really are no words for me to express how grateful I am.
What I’m really trying to say is, thank you all so much for everything. I'll be posting updates as work progresses on the book, so be sure to check back every now and then. We have a lot of work to do, and we can't wait to finish up and have the book available :D
I hope that this year has been a good one for you all. This is going to be another short update, only to say that I am progressing at a de...